You already know that fertilizer is an intricate part of a healthy lawn. But did you know that there’s a fertilizer that releases nutrients to your yard grass for up to 16 weeks?
Polyon fertilizer is a control-release fertilizer that comes in its trademark green pellets. Polyon delivers nutrients based on soil temperature rather than soil moisture.
In this article, you’ll learn more about Polyon, why it’s a superior fertilizer as well as why you need Xtreme Turf Lawn Care to apply this fertilization treatment to your southern Alabama lawn.
As stated above, Polyon comes in pellet form. It’s applied to your lawn and will go into the soil once you add water to it. Once the ground reaches the right temperature, nutrients are released into the ground.
And yet, Polyon releases only a portion of nutrients at a time. Unlike other slow release fertilizers that last about six weeks in your soil, Polyon releases over a 16-week period.
The pellet’s coating is made from durable, thin polyurethane, which slowly breaks down throughout the summer and into early fall. After the nutrients are released, the soil breaks down the pellet coating using microbial activity already existing in the ground.
Moreover, the entire pellet stays in the same place including when it dissolves. It doesn’t get washed away at the next heavy rainstorm.
Did you know how and when you water your lawn affects the health of your turfgrass?
6 Benefits of Using Polyon on Your Alabama Lawn
Polyon has many benefits including producing a healthy, green lawn for you to enjoy all season long.
Here are six benefits to using Polyon over traditional slow-release fertilizers:
- Polyon saves you time and money: Since our technicians apply this fertilizer on your lawn and it lasts until the fall, you won’t need to belong to any costly, season-long fertilizer programs. Plus, if we don’t have to go to your home every six weeks for nutrient re-application, you aren’t paying for those extra visits.
- Temperature-driven rather than moisture driven: You only need one application of Polyon per season. At Xtreme Turf Lawn Care, we apply Polyon every May. The pellets provides steady nutrients for the entire summer season lasting until September.
- It consistently feeds the soil: Since Polyon isn’t affected by rain or sprinkler systems, it continues to feed the soil throughout the entire summer with no interruptions. So, you get a continuous green lawn with no sudden growth spurts.
- Your lawn grass is healthier and greener: The proof is in the lawn. You’ll observe Polyon’s nutrients providing you with a more robust lawn. Moreover, when your lawn is healthy and thick, it prohibits weed growth.
- There isn’t any dust leftover after application: When our technicians apply Polyon to your yard, there aren’t any dust clouds in our wake.
- Polyon won’t leach into stormwater drains: Polyon doesn’t add excess nutrients into local waterways causing algae and killing fish. Instead, the pellets dissolve in the soil and stay there. Polyon pellets won’t flow into stormwater drains or into our local waterways.
Did you know that you enter into a lawn care partnership with your lawn service? Read more in this blog.
Xtreme Turf Lawn Care Provides Polyon Fertilization Services
We provide Polyon fertilization services because we’ve seen the effectiveness of these green pellets. If you invest in our fertilization and weed control program, you’ll notice that we apply Polyon on our third visit.
In addition to Polyon fertilizer, we also provide weed control services that prevent poa annua (bluegrass) and other weeds from taking over your yard.
If you want a fertilizer application that lasts 16 weeks, call us today at 251-648-9947 or fill out our contact form.
Xtreme Turf Lawn Care Serves Homeowners in Daphne, Fairhope, Foley, Gulf Shore, Loxley, Mobile, Saraland, and Spanish Fort, AL.
Kochturf.com, “Polyon Product Overview.”